Here is the standard Acer Recovery Instructions
1. Power on the machine
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the “Alt” key and press the “F10” key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click “Restore to Factory Default Settings”
4. Click “OK” to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press “OK” to reboot unit
Here are the recovery instructions from Dell.
1. Reboot, and press Ctrl + F11 at the Dell logo.
2. The Dell™ PC Restore by Symantec screen will come up.
3. Select “Restore” or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
4. if you wish to continue, click “Confirm”, or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
5. When the utility is finished, click “Finish”, or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
Here are recovery instructions for HP/Compaq laptops.
1. Reboot, and repeatedly press F10 at the HP logo until the recovery screen appears.
2. When the recovery screen appears, press “Next” and then “Yes” to perform a non-destructive recovery.
3. To perform a destructive recovery, click “Advanced” and then “Yes”.
4. After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.
Here are the Gateway Recovery Instructions.
1. Reboot, and press F11 or the R key to start the recovery process.
2. Select either “Full System Restore (Destructive)” or “Full System Restore (With Backup)”*.
3. Click “Next”, and then click “Yes” to confirm the recovery process.
4.Wait for the computer to restore itself. When it is done, click “Reboot” to reboot the computer.
*Full System Restore With Backup preserves data in the My Documents folder, but requires 4 GB of disk space.